Don’t Panic! Below are the general rules to stain removal, but see the chart below for more detailed removal of coffee, soda, wax, paint, and other dirt from carpet.
1. It is important to remove the stain as fast as you can. The older the spot,
the harder it is to remove.
2. Determine the nature and age of the stain as different stains require different methods of removal.
3. Select the proper spot removal product as some chemical companies make specific cleaners to remove specific stains.
4. Test the stain with the cleaner in a small hidden area.
5. Remove any excess or crusty material.
6. Apply remover and blot (never rub) with a terry towel. You can find cleaning grade terry towels at your local retail or home improvement store. If you don’t have a terry towel, you can also use Precision-Fiber Cloths. It is best to keep some on hand in case of emergencies, such as stains.
7. Always work from the outside of the stain to the center to avoid spreading.
8. Allow ample time for the stain remover to work according to instructions.
9. Flush with warm water, and remove excess by blotting with your terry towel or Precision-Fiber Cloth.
* Stains caused by protein base products need extra attention.
~First rinse with cold water. Then a solution of enzyme detergent and hot water should be used with your terry towel or Precision-Fiber Cloth to blot the stain.
Find out more about Precision-Fiber Cloth: Click Here
Find our more about Intex Terry Towels and other products: Click Here